Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fancy Pet Hotels

As I was talking about in my last blog, more and more people are taking their pets with them when they travel which leads to growth like pet insurance and more businesess carrying pet products. However, when you can't take your pet on the road with you, what do you do with him or her? There are many people who simply put their dog in a kennel and don't worry about them. But if you love your pets as much as I do, there is always some guilt behind leaving your dog at a kennel. You think of the cold, hard floors, the very few trips outside, and you worry they won't get the attention you need. I won't mention business names, but last time I boarded my dog, I had a very bad experience. My dog was not given her special diet food, she was not given her blanket (I know because they gave it back to me with long blonde hairs on it and she is a boston terrier), and she was sick for a week from whatever they did feed her (she has a weak stomach.) So, as I was saying, if you're anything like me than you will be reluctant to put your money into any kennel.

So what are pet owner's options? In one blog I read, it talks about Petsmart's newer Petshotels. In these hotels, the owner has the option to buy a room at a basic price where a bed and attention is provided or they can purchase the "higher class" room where there is a nicer bed and a t.v. for your pets to watch. And at the price you pay, which isn't overly expensive, you are promised to have the proper care and attention for your pet because they specialize in boarding. The blog also said that the Pethotel's give you an oppourtunity to call your pets and talk to them over the phone. This is really a cool option because, whether some want to believe it or not, dogs are responsive to your voice.

In this particular blog, it wonders if the Pethotel is over the top in pet care. "It all seems a little excessive however that more and more people find the increasing need to provide their dogs or other pets with material things created for humans." Some people might find this statement true but I'm going to guess most pet owners would completely disagree. Pets are now members of our families more than anything, and owners like to do all they can for them.

These Pethotels allow onwers to go on vacation or travel where ever they need to, guilt free. Hotels like the one mentioned from PetsMart and others give people the comfort they need to board their pets. And now that these options are available to owners, more people are giving their money to places like these which helps the animal industry to grow even more. And I know that when people leave their pets in pet hotels, they feel like they are giving their money up for a good cause.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/111938/growth_of_the_pet_industry.html?page=1&cat=9

No comments: