Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Animal Industry Overall.

Throughout my semester at NKU I have blogged about the reasons why the pet or animal industry is thriving right now. At the beginning of 2008 it was projected that over $10.5 billion dollars would be spent on pet products and over the counter medications for pets. I'm guessing that the prediction was not far off.

I mentioned many ideas and products that have made the animal industry grow: animals as fads, spotlights on homeless animals, new innovations is technology for veterinarians and groomers, insurance for pets, and the media focusing on animals (e.x. Michael Vic and the pit bull fighting rings). Each and every reason I mentioned so far has contributed to the growth of the animal industry.

I hope the animal industry continues to thrive in this dying economy that we have right now. And hopefully as the economy betters, the animal industry will stay just as strong. For as much as Americans love their pets and treat them like members of the family and with all the new innovations that are coming out for pets, I am confident that the pet or animal industry will hold steady for a long period of time.

No comments: